MENTOR // Rachel Gordon’s Bio
I am an Innovation Director with more than 15 years’ experience developing transformative health and wellbeing products and services that improve people’s lives across pharma, fitness and consumer goods sectors. Currently I work in the Global Beverages Group at Pepsico, which exists to manage the global innovation pipeline and portfolio. I am responsible for:
– Assessing regional innovation products for broader potential globally
– Developing and implementing the $1 billion innovation platforms of the future
– Developing solutions for white spaces where our capabilities and brands could be leveraged
Having led more than 20 innovation projects in a variety of contexts including agency and client side, I can distill consumer insights to spark simple, differentiated and actionable commercial ideas. Innovation clients have included Abbott, Astrazeneca, Danone, Hershey’s, Johnson & Johnson, Kraft, Premier Foods, Procter & Gamble, Virgin Active, Virgin Care.
Key Career Achievements:
– Combined design thinking and lean startup methodology to design prototypes for a wearable
device for Astra Zeneca.
– Enabled Virgin Care to innovate service proposition for young people.
– Led three innovation projects for Abbott to develop patient-centric services.
– Invented concept of new yogurt for 50+ women for Danone.
– Developed a new global brand proposition and visual identity for women’s skincare at Johnson &
– Created a new children’s cheese snack sub-brand and growth strategy for Kraft UK.
– I am multilingual having lived, studied and worked in the US, Germany, Italy and the UK.